1. What is the criteria for admission to the 3 year Law Course? Is there any entrance test?
From the year 2016, Admission to the LL.B. course is purely on the basis of Entrance Exams conducted by the Directorate of Higher Education, Pune. To apply online for an Entrance Test and further information, please Click here
2. What is the difference between the 5 Year (B.L.S., LL.B) & 3 Year Course (LL.B)?
The 5 Year Course is designed for students who have cleared their 12th Board examination and wish to pursue law as a profession. The 5 Years are divided into 2 years of Pre-Law, followed by 3 years LL.B. The course has a total of 10 semesters and the degree conferred at the end of 5 years is B.L.S. (Bachelor of Legal Sciences), LL.B.
The 3 Year Course is ONLY for students who have completed their graduation (For eg. BA, BCom, BSc, etc.) from any recognized University. It is 6 semester LL.B. program.
3. Are students of Boards and Universities other than the Maharashtra Board & University of Mumbai eligible for admission to the 3 year course?
Yes, students from any Board (such as C.B.S.E., I.S.C., etc.) recognized by the University of Mumbai are eligible for admission.
4. Do the cut-off percentages for different streams (i.e. Science, Commerce, Arts) vary?
Yes. Since, the number of seats for each stream is FIXED, the cut-off percentage for Science, Commerce & Arts streams vary on the basis of applications received.
5. When will the admission forms for the 3 year Law Course be available?
The admission forms for the 3 year Law Course will be available in the college. However, the admission process will begin only after the declaration of graduation results by the University of Mumbai. (Tentatively towards the beginning of June).
Dates related with the availability of admission forms are Subject to the Recent Notices. Click here to Read
6. Does Ambedkar Law College offer an LL.M. Course?
We do NOT offer an LL.M. Course. However, We do offer Post Graduate Diploma Courses such as Click here.
7. When will the application forms for the Post Graduate Diploma Course be available?
The prospectus and the dates of distribution and submission of application forms for the Post Graduate Diploma will be available subject to the academic Notices. Click here to read recent Notices.
8. How to confirm my Eligibility?
Within one month from the date of your admission, submit to the College office the following Certificates in Original alongwith two attested true copies of each.
Migration Certificate (Other than Mumbai University)
If a student leaves one College to join another, it will be necessary for him to count the days of attendance kept by him in more than one college to enable him to make up the necessary number of days attendance. A Transference Certificate shall not be sufficient and except with the written permission of the Principal of the College which the student wants to join.
Students who have kept terms for any examination conducted by the Unicersity shall not be permitted to appear for the examination, if they fail to avail themselves of the benefit of the terms kept by them for the examination during the course of Three Years.
9. How to obtain the provisional Eligibility Certificate?
- Apply personally to the College for obtaining the Eligibility Certificate.
- Fill in the forms in all respects & Alongwith your Original 10+2 and 3 years graduation marksheets, passing certificates and Degree certificate + Two attested copies and necessary fees, submit the same to the college counter within working time.
- After completion of the procedure, you will get the Provisional Eligibility Certificate from the Mumbai University.
- Produce the same Certificate to this College for your admission.
FIRST HALF (MAY EXAMINATION) FOR 2ND,4TH & 6TH SEMESTER
(1st, 3rd, 5th semester for Ex – Students)
Without Late Fees – 19th October to 6th November
With Late Fees Rs. 100/- -23rd November to 10th December
With Late Fees Rs. 500/- -14th December to 22nd December
SECOND HALF (OCT/NOV. EXAMINATION) FOR 1ST ,3RD & 5TH SEMESTER
(2nd, 4th, 6th semester for Ex – Students)
Without Late Fees – 13th July to 31st July
With Late Fees Rs. 100/- -03rd August to 20th August
With Late Fees Rs. 500/- -24th August to 28th August