Fortnite Optimization: How To Increase FPS In Fortnite (2020 Guide)
In this article we will show you the best optimization settings for Fortnite Battle Royale. Including how to increase FPS, Competitive Settings, Lag Drop Fix & Increase Performance.
The Fortnite game has always been an interesting topic of discussion amongst gamers since the Battle Royale gaming mode was first released by Epic Games in September 2017.
The game has since enjoyed huge success and is currently ranked among the most popular online games on the planet.
Even with the Blackout gaming mode from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 also in play, the Fortnite rage is not likely to settle any time soon.
Moreover, it is completely free-to-play and compatible with almost all available gaming platforms, from consoles such as Xbox One and the PS4 to iOS and Android, as well as Nintendo Switch.
Yet, the PC was the original Fortnite platform and is still widely regarded as the best.
However, if you’re not accustomed to playing the game on PC, the solution to our titular question won’t be readily available.
Even though the game is already well optimized, there are still a few tweaks you can perform to boost the overall performance by considerable margins.
Would you like to know how to increase FPS in Fortnite?
You’ll find the inside scoop on how to make Fortnite run better right here in our 2020 Fortnite optimization guide!
How to Get More FPS in Fortnite – Best PC Settings
Just like with PUBG optimization, you must also optimize your gaming PC first in order to boost Fortnite FPS.
Do you own a gaming laptop? You should enable the High-Performance battery mode.
Also, ensure that you have equipped your graphics processor with the latest drivers. Your Windows OS should also have the latest updates.
If you use an NVIDIA graphics processor and want to learn how to increase FPS in Fortnite, follow the simple steps below:
- Launch the NVIDIA Control Panel and then go to the Manage 3D Settings option.
- Open the Program Settings tab and look out for Fortnite.
- If you can’t find it, simply click on the Add button and you’ll see it there (launch the game at first and then exit it again before performing this step).
- Place Maximum pre-rendered frames on level 1.
- Place Monitor Technology on the G-SYNC option (if valid).
- Place the Multi-Display (or Mixed GPU Acceleration) feature on the Single display performance mode.
- Place the Power Management Mode on the Prefer Maximum Performance option.
- Place the Texture Filtering Quality on Performance mode.
- Stop Vertical Sync.
- Activate Threaded Optimization.
- Place the Preferred Refresh Rate on the highest level available.
- Apply all these changes and then go to the Adjust Desktop Size & Position option.
- Check the checkbox containing the Override the Scaling Mode Set by Games & Programs feature and then click on Apply.
Have you been wondering how to get more FPS in Fortnite?
You must remember to also disable the mouse acceleration feature if you wish to perk up your aiming skills and muscle memory in general.
Turn OFF Windows Update Delivery Optimization
Now you must disable the Windows Update Delivery Optimization feature. Here’s how to do this:
- Click on the Start button and run a search for Windows Update Settings.
- Next, select Advanced Options.
- Open Delivery Optimization.
- Ensure that the Allow Downloads from Other PCs option is switched OFF.
The next step on this guide on how to get more FPS in Fortnite involves disabling OneDrive –if it’s not in use.
This can be done by right-clicking on the OneDrive logo on your Windows taskbar and then clicking on the Exit button.
Optimizing Game Settings
Here’s how to make Fortnite run better on your PC:
- Launch Fortnite and the select the Battle Royale mode.
- Click on the 3-line Settings menu on the upper right corner of your screen to open it and then click on the gear icon.
- You should place the Window Mode on the Full-screen setting.
- Select the Unlimited option for the display Frame Rate Limit.
- Make sure that 3D Resolution is at 100.0%.
- Place the View Distance option on the Epic setting. You can always reduce this feature if you want additional performance.
- Turn OFF Shadows.
- Turn OFF Anti-Aliasing.
- Place the Textures settings on Medium and then adjust it according to your requirements.
- If you already have good FPS rates, you can just increase/decrease this setting.
- Place the Effects settings on Low,
- Place the Post Processing settings on Low.
- Turn OFF Vsync.
- Turn OFF Motion Blur.
- Apply and save these settings and then exit the Fortnite game.
Here’s how to get more FPS in Fortnite if you also use Discord during your gaming sessions:
- Launch Discord and then navigate to your User Settings page.
- Click on the Appearance tab and then uncheck the Hardware Acceleration option.
Optimizing Google Chrome
Here’s how to get more FPS in Fortnite if you also use Google Chrome during your gaming sessions – this is done to prevent background applications being executed by the web browser from consuming too many PC resources:
- Launch Google Chrome and then navigate to the browser’s Settings page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and then open the Advanced tab.
- Once again, scroll down to the bottom of the page and ensure that the Use Hardware Acceleration When Available feature is switched OFF.
- Re-launch the Google Chrome browser and close it once again.
Clean Out All Temporary Files
Have you been wondering how to get more fps in Fortnite? Deleting all your temp files is another way to get this done.
- Click on the Start menu, run a search for %localappdata% and then press the Enter keyboard key.
- Launch the Temp folder to access its contents.
- Press the CTRL + A keyboard keys to select all the files inside the Temp folder.
- Next, press the Delete keyboard key to delete all the temporary files found there.
- You can skip those ones that won’t delete.
- Now you can empty the recycle bin
Also, you can make use of third-party standalone freeware like CCleaner to clean out any redundant files on your PC which consequently helps Fortnite increase FPS.
After you’re finished with these Fortnite optimization steps for your PC, ensure that you restart it.
Here ends our guide on how to get more FPS in Fortnite.
If you read it from beginning to end then you should already know how to increase FPS in Fortnite and maximize your gaming experience.
Other Fortnite Guides