How to Fix Msvbvm50.dll Is Missing or Not Found Errors (5 Ways)
If you wish to discover how to fix msvbvm50 dll missing error on your Windows 7/8/10 OS, you must first understand the problem. Here we resolved the Msvbvm50.dll Is Missing or Not Found Errors.
If you’re a Windows OS user, then you must have encountered DLL errors at some point.
While these DLL errors come in different forms, the msvbvm50.dll error is one of the most rampant.
This particular msvbvm50.dll file error is mostly experienced by Microsoft Visual Basic Virtual users.
The msvbvm50.dll file is there to help 32-bit programs perform smoothly on 64-bit platforms.
Whenever this issue occurs, an error message will appear on your screen indicating that the msvbvm50.dll file is missing from your PC - mostly when you’re trying to launch or install a certain program.
If you wish to discover how to fix msvbvm50 dll missing error on your Windows 7/8/10 OS, you must first understand the problem.
About the Msvbvm50.dll Missing Or Not Found Error In Windows 10
The Msvbvm50.dll code can best be described as a Microsoft Visual Basic Virtual Machine that is explicitly developed to enable 32-bit applications to adapt and perform adequately on 64-bit systems.
The msvbvm50.dll file can be found inside the C:\Windows\System folder. Once your Windows 10 OS cannot find it, a DLL missing error message will show up on your screen thus preventing apps from installing or working.
When this happens, any one of the following system error messages can show up on your computer screen:
- dll was not found.
- Cannot find [PATH]\msvbvm50.dll.
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvbvm50.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
- The file msvbvm50.dll is missing.
The reason for this error is likely because this particular DLL file has been deleted, corrupted, or was not installed properly and therefore cannot be recognized any longer on your computer.
When this happens, it simply means you must replace or repair this particular DLL file.
Would you like to learn how to fix msvbvm50 dll missing error? The answers are right here:
Best Methods To Fix Msvbvm50.dll Is Missing or Not Found Errors
- Download a fresh Msvbvm50.dll File directly From the Official Microsoft Center
- Running the File Checker for your System To Fix msvbvm50.dll
- Updating All Drivers To Fix msvbvm50 dll missing error
- Using Windows Updates to Fix Msvbvm50.dll Missing Error
- The System Restore Utility is yet another Viable Solution You Can Use
In this section of our guide on how to fix msvbvm50 dll missing error, we’ve described different fixes for this troublesome glitch on Windows 7, 8, & 10.
1. Download a fresh Msvbvm50.dll File directly From the Official Microsoft Center
One of the easiest ways to resolve this troublesome issue caused by the missing Msvbsv50.dll file on your computer is to download and install a fresh copy of the Windows 10 file.
And of course, the official Microsoft online store is probably the most reliable place to get such a sensitive system file.
Here’s how to download the Msvbvm50.dll file for Windows 10:
- Press the Windows keyboard key to access the Search bar.
- Type out “dll” inside the search box and then hit Enter.
- Select the “dill” file from the results.
- Once it’s open, look out for the Install button. Click on it.
Apart from the msvbvm50.dll file, you might also come across other system files like Olepro32.dll or Oleaut32.dll. Ignore them.
Note that you’ll be required to establish a network connection for the self-extracting msvbvm50.exe so that the program can install the specific file required for your system automatically.
2. Running the File Checker for your System To Fix msvbvm50.dll
Sometimes, having corrupted files in your system can prevent you from running some apps and programs even after resolving the Msvbvm50.dll missing error.
Issues like these can be resolved by running the System File Checker (SFC). Here’s how:
- Press the Windows keyboard key to open the Search Box.
- Next, type out “Command Prompt” within the space provided in the Search Box and then hit Enter.
- Right-click on the search results and then select the option to run it as an administrator.
- You may now press Enter to access the sfc/scannow command prompt.
You will now have to wait a while for this process to complete. Once done, all your corrupt system files will be restored and the msvbvm50.dll issue resolved.
Well done! You’ve successfully learned how to fix msvbvm50 dll missing error by using the System File Checker.
3. Updating All Drivers To Fix msvbvm50 dll missing error
It's also quite possible that the msvbvm50.dll issue you're experiencing is a result of discordant or corrupt drivers.
In such cases, you’ll have to examine the condition of your system’s drivers.
With the Driver Booster tool, you have one of the most reliable driver updating solutions available on the internet.
Here’s how you can use this time-saving application to update your PC drivers:
- Start by downloading the Driver Booster software from the official Microsoft website.
- Next, install the program on your Windows PC.
- You should now restart your computer, launch the Driver Booster app and then press the Scan button.
- Afterward, click on the Update Now button.
Once the driver update process is complete, you may proceed to confirm whether the msvbvm50.dll file missing error still persists.
That’s it! You’ve now learned how to fix msvbvm50 dll missing error by updating your drivers.
4. Using Windows Updates to Fix Msvbvm50.dll Missing Error
There are a few other patches you can make on your Windows system apart from updating your drivers. For example, the Windows Update feature can be used to help your system to resolve the msvbvm50.dll file missing issue.
Here’s how to fix msvbvm50 dll missing error by installing Windows updates:
- Start by pressing the Win + I keyboard keys to launch the Settings menu.
- Next, select the Settings & Security feature.
- You may now click on the Windows Update feature.
- To start the process, click on the Update Now button.
That’s it! You’ve now learned how to fix msvbvm50 dll missing error by updating your Windows system.
5. The System Restore Utility is yet another Viable Solution You Can Use
At this point, we strongly advise that you undo any recent changes you might have made to your programs and system files. Once you have confirmed that you have a misconfiguration issue, then you can opt for a simple System Restore process.
If you paid attention while reading this post, the question of how to fix msvbvm50 dll missing error should no longer be an issue for you.
You can bookmark this page to learn more about effective time-saving tricks for your PC.
Read Next >