- To spread knowledge through higher education among the socially and economically down-trodden sections of the society.
- To give education in such manner to promote intellectual, moral and social democracy. This is what wanted in modern India as envisioned by the founder of this Institution and the Great Son of India Bharat Ratna Bodhisativa ” Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar“.
- To give oppressed masses through education. ‘A New Vision of Dignity, Self-Respect, Self-Reliance and Self-Dignity.’
- To spread high values like ‘Pradnya and Karuna’ i.e. knowledge and compassion in one’s life through education.
- To integrate the latest technological and other resources in the process of imparting education.
In order to impart the legal education in the Mumbai city and the region, People’s Education Society (PES), took another step forward in the name of Dr. Ambedkar Law College in the year 1977. Since then we are an important institute doing justice with vision of the founder of PES, Bharat Ratna Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar.
This journey of 38 years has established these institutions footprints in the arena of legal education. It gives us a great pleasure to introduce ourselves to be one of the oldest law colleges in the town. The chief architect of constitution of India Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, has laid down certain objectives behind the foundation of PES and we are proud to march on the same, in order to fulfill the dream of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar.
As said by Babasaheb, “Constitutional Morality is not natural sentiment. It has to be cultivated. We must realize that our people have yet to learn it.” We, bearing the same in mind, to cultivate the constitutional morality among the students and society as well, we have initiated ‘the constitutional awakening campaign’ by staging road shows and many other activities on the same line.
The college faculties are dignitaries in academics and persons with expertise in practice in the court of laws as well. We are used to taking the utmost care during the sessions to impart the education from the academic as well as practice perspective, so as to enable our students to know and understand the practical aspects of legal education. For this purpose we also organized and participated in various workshops, moot court competitions, interactive sessions on The socio-legal issues were elaborated by attending other institutions, court visits, prison visits etc.
Apart from the academic and professional activities we offer greater opportunity to our students to enjoy sports and undertake many cultural activities throughout the year. As a result of the healthy and harmonious academic environment our student clears the university exams with excellence.
We, along with the regular course of 3 years LL.B, also conduct two P.G. Diploma Courses since 1993 i.e. Diploma in Labor Law & Labor Welfare and Diploma in Taxation. We were the first institution to start these courses and they have been successfully continued since more than 20 years.